Cambridge Blend Ashlar
Cambridge Blend Ashlar
Order a sample or make a product selection below.
Call 800.231.2200 for pricing on your project or request a quote:
Cambridge Blend™ Ashlar Thin Veneer is a natural stone with consistent steel blue and gray coloring. Subtle stripes of white and green add character and depth. Ashlar Face Veneer is taller than Ledgestone veneer with a roughly rectangular shape. Its face shows the vibrant color of the inside grain of the stone.
Sold as individual stones not stone panels.
Height: 3 to 6 inch
Thickness: 0.5 to 1.5 Inch
Flat Packaging: 160 SF Crate or 5 SF Box
Corner Packaging: 50 LF Crate or 5 LF Box
Why Use Thin Veneer?
- Sawn pieces of stone 1 inch +/- 0.25″ thick
- Less than 15 lbs/sf
- Does not require a load bearing foundation
- Sticks directly to the structure’s wall
We start with large pieces of real stone gathered throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. We then sort the stone by size, shape and color. Experienced stone craftsman split and saw this natural material into Stone Veneer for use in your next architectural construction project.
Thin Veneer allows natural stone to be used in applications that do not incorporate a concrete footing to support the weight of traditional full thickness masonry stone. Thin veneer is often chosen for renovations on the siding of an existing wooden building, stone facing a fireplace, or to jazz up a concrete foundation with a stone façade.
Thin veneer stone is available in both “flats” and “corners” so that the finished product looks completely realistic — just as if full thickness stones were used — but with lower transportation costs and site construction expenses. (Imagine carrying 80% less weight up your staging!)
This thin stone cladding (facing) can be applied over wood siding. The bonding agent, installed by a qualified mason, supports the weight of the stone, which is less than 15 lbs per square foot. Our thin veneer stone is roughly 1 inch thick, and this allows your mason to safely recess the mortar joints an average of a quarter inch if the project calls for tightly jointed or mortar recessed masonry construction.
See our installation instructions for more details, but one thing we always recommend is a moisture control system to prevent water damage to the substructure and to prevent efflorescence (white salt stains on the stone).
We saw our Thin Veneer from “regular” face sized building veneer. Three face shapes are weathered: Mosaic, Square & Rectangular, and Round, and our two stacked stones feature the inside grain of the stone: Ledgestone and Ashlar.
Benefits of Thin Veneer
- About the same price per square foot as manufactured stone.
- Dramatically lower transportation costs than full thickness stone (Building Veneer).
- Pre-cut corners create the appearance of full thickness stone.
- Lower cost for field trimming and dressing.
- Installs the same way as man-made manufactured stone.
- Five unique face options to create “your” particular look.
- Weathered colors and/or inside grain colors.
- Suitable for facing concrete block or poured concrete for retaining wall construction or foundations.
- Suitable for putting stone on a wood structure.
- 1 inch thickness allows for recessed joints.
- Weight is less than 14 lbs per square foot which allows the product to be used in construction applications without a load bearing support.
Typically requires an experienced natural thin stone veneer installer for first-class results.
LATICRETE® Masonry Veneer Installation System (MVIS) is recommended when installing natural stone veneer.
The LATICRETE MVIS provides the solution by offering a comprehensive quality controlled installation system. Utilizing proven materials, LATICRETE MVIS products include a revolutionary waterproofing membrane, polymer fortified adhesive mortars that provide non-sag performance, a scratch and brown coat mortar, a masonry pointing mortar and a 100% silicone sealant.